Reduction in bites and attacks. Confidence in employees dealing with canines in the workplace.
Bark Busters’ natural dog training techniques leverage the same communications methods, body language and voice control, that dogs follow as part of their instinctual mentality. Without the use of complicated or aversive techniques and equipment, our employee safety program teaches sustainable ways to discourage dogs from developing fearful or aggressive responses to household visitors.
Bark Busters Stand Rite No Bite® Dog Safety Program™ differs from other methods that rely solely on video, printed materials, physical methods and ineffective, even dangerous, equipment. The Bark Busters program is highly interactive and engaging. We do not use any physical or aggressive actions in our safety training programs.
This safety program is available as either:
These key competencies will be addressed in the program:
- Explain how dogs evolved and how this affects domestic dogs and workplaces today
- Define canine communication techniques and how dogs communicate to the worker and how to read their communication
- Define various dogs’ attributes and how this can assist in defining various workplace situations
- Explain the way canine live and instinctive pack features and how this defines canines’ reactions to certain situations
- Define how dogs learn which creates their behaviour
- Explain the instincts of dogs and how this affects their behaviour in the workplace
- Define WHS in preventing and minimising a dog attack; identifying the hazard, assessing the risk, controlling the risk
- Defining various canine temperaments to assess a safe workplace
- Assess the higher risk temperaments
- Define camp dog attributes and behaviour
At the end of the program the learner will be able to define and or explain the following:
- Preparing for safe entry to canine premises
- Conducting safe entry to canine premises
- Defining action NOT to take around canine to create a safe work environment
- Define aggression attributes and how to deal with them
- Defining workers behaviour that can cause aggression in canines in the workplace
- Explain how to deal with dog owners to diffuse a potential situation
- Identify the main types of dog attacks
- Define what to do in a dog attack situation
- Demonstrate the Stand Rite No Bite® approach and explain the various canine reactions to the technique
- Define the use of existing tools as personal protective equipment
The program, designed by world renown Dog Behaviouralists and trainers Danny and Sylvia Wilson, Founders of the World’s Largest Dog Training Company, Bark Busters Home Dog Training.
The program, delivered by Peter Adamow: National Manager Bark Busters Canine Safety Lectures Australia and New Zealand.
Since 2001, Peter has trained over 3000 dogs as a Bark Busters Dog Behavioural Therapist and Trainer and has re-trained dogs that have been declared dangerous and assisted in having declarations revoked for owners by councils. Peter has also assisted in training and assessment for greyhounds to achieve green hound status for therapy dogs.
Peter is a qualified, nationally recognised Workplace Training and Assessment Trainer and delivers and develops training programs to adult learners for Australian Registered Training Organisations.
- Bark Busters National Training in Dog Behavioural Therapy and Training System
- TAE Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Diploma of Management
- TAA Cert. IV in Training and Assessment
- IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Course in RPL Assessor Training
- IV Workplace Training Category II
- II Workplace Training Category I
Some of the organisations that we have delivered Stand Rite No Bite® Canine Safety Training to are:
Australian Institute of Local Government Rangers Inc., Australian Councils, Northern Territory Dept. of Health , Power Water N.T, Darwin, QLD Department of Health Cairns, QLD Department of Communities – Housing & Homelessness Services Qld Government, Ergon Energy QLD, Energy Queensland, Ausnet Services VIC, Red Energy VIC and NSW, Yarra Valley Water VIC, AMRS S.A, S.A Water, S.A Power Networks, Origin Energy S.A , Horizon Energy W.A., Western Power W.A., Endeavour Energy NSW, Essential Energy NSW, Integral Energy NSW, Energy Australia NSW, Illawarra Electricity NSW, Australian Electoral Commission ACT, and Australian Vet.